SO far I'm pretty pleased with my results.
I am working out 6 days per week, 3 lower and 3 upper, where for upper my main lifts are Bench and Pull-up, with accessories, and lower are Squat and Deadlift with accessories.
For my main lifts, I follow the rep scheme of 3 sets of 10, 4 sets of 6, and 4-6 sets of 3 (Depending on how I feel).
I just started squatting again, so my squat lifts are going up very fast. Before this program, I had not squatted in about 6+ months regularly due to flexibility issues. I have been attacking flexibility very hard and it is progressing rather well.
My main goal with this program is increasing strength while cutting. If I am able to do that muscle preservation is most likely assured. Losing weight (trying) at about a pound per week. So far I am doing that relatively easily, right on point.
Currently only working out 6x a week, weights only, no cardio of any kind right now. I will occasionally throw in a HIT workout when I feel like it, only to keep my conditioning up.
Right now my current calories / macro's are
~3000kcal 220-240 protein, 340-360 carbs, 65-75 fats
I also consume BCAA's 2x daily in between meals, don't count veggies towards totals, have one 16 ounce coffee with cream and one 12 ounce coffee with cream, and take a few grams of fish oil. Do not count any of these items towards my calories/macros as they will remain constant.
I eat 4 meals per day (rather try to time 4 protein doses per day of ~50g each), try to get in 1-2 servings of both fruits and veggies. Most of my veggies are leafy greens, or fibrous ones. Most of my fruits are berries, with the occasional apple. Mostly because I like berries, and I like lettuce on my sandwiches or steam broccoli out of preference.
Realistically, I am probably taking in about 3,200 calories a day, maybe more. Try to keep my cals/macros pretty constant M-F, on the weekend I adjust to accommodate family/social life.
Started this cut at 204.2 pounds, today I am 202. SO that's not bad...maybe a little faster than I want.
Am doing 1 reefed per week.
So far I feel pretty good, strength has gone up across the board, will post lifts week to week on start of 3rd week. I'm sure my squat will go up durastically for a bit. I am really trying to work on my bench, goal of mine to hit 225 for 10-15 by the end of the year. Would like to get 315 up a couple times.
Cheers!
http://propertiesofalaska.com
No comments:
Post a Comment