Thursday, August 21, 2014

DUP - Week 4 (Mid Week)

Some starting stats:
Deadlift x 10 = 291
Bench x 10 = 200
Squat x 10 = 203

Stats this week are:
Deadlift x 10 = 315
Bench x 10 = 195
Squat x 10 = 255

Starting Body Stats: July 28th / August 20
203.2 pounds / 198.4 pounds
Bicep - 40cm / 39.7cm
Chest - 106cm / 109.5cm
Waist 1 - 84cm / 83.5cm
Waist 2 - 87cm / 85cm
Thigh - 64cm / 65cm
Calf - 40cm / 40cm
16.2% Bodyfat / 15.2% Bodyfat

My bench has always been an issue for me since I had some shoulder injuries. At one point I did get my bench to 205x10 during this programming, but only successfully completed one set of it then had to decrease weight. After two sessions like this, I dropped my weight to 195 and hit 10 pretty easily. It seems any weight over 200 pounds, neurologically I just cannot handle well. That is most likely due to taking over a year break from benching.

Deadlift and squat are coming along nicely. I haven't squatted before this program in some time due to flexibility issues. Now that seems to not be an issue, I knew my strength would go up dramatically since the start. Usually when I start hitting 315x5, or 270-280x10, it will slow down.

I was scheduled to be down to 199.2 this week, but I'm dropping a little faster. I was on pace with what I wanted to do until this past Friday. I did a mini vacation and didn't train nor did I eat like I should have. When I'm not trying, I will usually under eat. I did bring BCAA's with me and have 2-3 servings of that a day. I'm saying this was a mini "reload/break" in lifting, and it seemed to actually help when I hit deads today. 315x10 felt pretty easy.

The day after I got back, Tuesday, I did weigh in at 198.4, first day back got up to 200.4, and today was back down to 199.4. I have some family events tonight, meeting with a friend for lunch, so my nutrition will be off. Usually I try and eat my calories and protein and say the hell with everything else on days like this. Usually works fine.

All in all I'm pretty happy with the results so far, but I think that I might have better progress with higher volume and lower frequency due to past experiences. Also, on another note, one time during my 3rd week measurements my biceps were actually 40.5/41cm...which is awesome. No matter what I do to my arms, nothing or everything, they stay at 40cm. I think that mini vacation took a little something off the top.

Will have progress pics next week.

My Website - http://propertiesofalaska.com

No comments:

Post a Comment