This post is going to be a little less educational and a little more motivational.
You ever get to a point in your workout, in your plan, in your set, between those reps...hell, in life where you ask yourself, "Why am I doing this? I could just quit right now."
You're right you can. YOU can just put that weight down, walk away. You can hit stop on the cardio machine, that BIG RED BUTTON, and just walk away. You won't have to breath hard, you won't have to sweat, you won't have to endure any pain. Who cares?!
I do.
The pain I endure, the sweat EQUITY I put into the gym...it's an investment. Ever hear of the term RoI, Return on Investment? That is what's going on, every set, every rep, every second you are in there busting your ass, you are investing in your body. What is the return? The return is results. The ability to not quit. The ability to KNOW you can WALK AWAY, but won't.
Every day you push through something you KNOW you can walk away from, you are winning. You are shattering mental barriers and giving yourself a gift far beyond physical aesthetics. You are giving yourself the ability to push past preconceived notions of walls and limitations you may have thought you set for yourself.
Next time you want to quit, walk away, drop the weight, ask yourself, "Am I going to walk away form this marriage? Am I going to not apply for that promotion? Am I not going to ask the guy/girl out of my dreams because they might say no?" EFFF NO! The work in the gym, the physical hell you may endure will make you stronger. It will make you persevere through life without hesitation of failure, pain, discomfort or unfavorable outcome. It will make that red light, all 20 seconds of it, seem like the blink of an eye. It will make that rude customer, compared to the pain you felt, seem like a pleasant old lady.
In this life, there are a lot of things that may drive us, push us and motivate us...one of those things should be the ability to endure. The ability to be yourself against the grindstone, when you are tested in life. Be strong, be yourself, and know that whatever you are doing, no matter how hard it may be, someone cares. Your family, your wife, your kids, your dog, your neighbor, that little old lady who smiles and waves to you every day as you pass by in the hallway getting coffee at work. ALL of these people want you to be the best version of yourself.
THIS is why I move forward and strive to be stronger, faster, more efficient...and why ultimately I will work even harder. I write this knowing I will be a better version of myself tomorrow. Not because my monetary equity has risen like a rocket, not because my car has leather heated seats, but because I have made myself stronger, mentally, physically and emotionally. Because my sweat equity I have put in lets me know I value myself and my life. Above all of these things I value, I value those around me I care about. I value them enough to give them the best version of me I can be. And so should you.
Motivate yourself, educate yourself and push foreword with as much strength as you can. I will be there. Your family and friends will be there. That stranger DYING on the squat rack next to you will be there. Be there. Right now. And for Always.
If you take a step backwards, that's ok. Take two forward, and push harder. Take it from me...life, is not easy, and that's ok. You were built to be strong, resilient and persevere through anything life may throw at you. Stop waiting and start living. Pick up something heavy. =)
Remember, it's your right to be ripped!
-James
Facebook (Share us - it helps!)
YouTube Like our shtuff, pweese!
http://propertiesofalaska.com
No comments:
Post a Comment